- prep20 mins
- cook16 - 20 mins
- serves4 -6 as snack
- 8 small-medium carrots
- olive oil spray
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 1 ½ cups panko crumbs
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Fresh thyme to garnish, optional
Air Fryer Guy says: “I always seem to have a bag of carrots hanging around the kitchen, who doesn’t. This recipe is great when you want to use up some forgotten carrots because they taste less like carrots and more like chicken wings! My wife is a vegetarian, and this is one of her favourite snacks. She is always asking me to make those ‘spicy lil carrots’. Crunchy, spicy and delicious!”
- Trim the tops of the carrots and peel them. Cut carrots in half lengthways and place on a large plate. Spray with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Move the carrots around so the oil and seasoning covers the carrots.
- Place on the lightly greased AirFry tray. AirFry at 220°C for about 8-10 mins or until lightly coloured (still quite firm).
- Take the carrots out of the oven and place onto a plate to let them cool for 5 mins or until cool enough to handle.
- In a shallow dish mix the mayonnaise and hot sauce together until combined. Reserve ¼ of the mayonnaise for later. Sprinkle the flour over the cooled carrots and turn so they are all coated. Tip the panko crumbs onto a tray.
- One at a time, dip carrots in the mayonnaise mixture then panko crumbs. Place carrots onto the greased AirFry tray. AirFry at 220°C for about 8-10 mins or until golden.
- Remove from the oven. Transfer to a plate or serving plate or board. Scatter with thyme and season. Use the reserved mayonnaise mixture as a dip or drizzle over the carrots.