- prep40 mins
- 2 cups uncooked pasta
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 700g piece pumpkin, peeled
- 5 cups shredded veggies - carrots, cabbage, brussels sprouts & broccoli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1½ tbsp honey
- 1½ tbsp sesame oil
- ¾ tsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- Sesame seeds & shallots
Katie says “Do you struggle to hit your five serves a day? Not with this recipe you won’t! This Asian-inspired chicken & pasta dish is packed full of delicious veggies and won’t take you longer than 40mins to make. This one doesn’t require re-heating, so is the perfect grab-and-go lunch or dinner.”
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Heat oven to 220°C.
- Toss the chicken breasts in the sesame oil and soy sauce and bake in a small baking dish for 10 minutes. Flip and return to the oven for 10 (small chicken breasts) to 15 (large chicken breasts) minutes until cooked through. Allow to rest for 5 minutes on a cutting board before slicing into strips.
- While the chicken is cooking in the oven, toss the carrots, cabbage, brussel sprouts and broccoli in a large pan with a splash of olive oil and light sprinkle of salt for 3-4 minutes or until just softened.
- Shake together all vinaigrette ingredients, then toss in a large bowl with the cooked chicken, pasta, and shredded veggies. Garnish with sesame seeds and or shallots and enjoy.
Storage: Store in sealed containers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To Serve: Mix everything up and enjoy hot or cold.