- prep25 mins
- cook15 mins
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 500g diced leg of lamb (3cm pieces)
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 2cm pieces
- Olive oil cooking spray, for greasing
- Greek pita bread, warmed or grilled
- Tzatziki, tabouli and lemon wedges, to serve
Jimmy says: “When I don’t have time but still want something delicious I cook souvlaki. It’s easy and so incredibly tasty and the family can pick and choose the fillings to suit them. And a homemade souvlaki is way better than the ones you get on the way home from a night out 🤣”
- Combine the olive oil, garlic and oregano in a bowl, season with salt and pepper. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Thread lamb, capsicum and onion, alternately onto 8 metal skewers. Skewers can be marinated overnight or cooked straight away.
- Grease air fryer basket with cooking oil. Place the souvlaki in the basket. Preheat air fryer to 240°C for 5 minutes. Place airfryer drip tray, covered with baking paper or foil, on the bottom shelf to catch any drips. Place air fryer basket in centre shelf position and Airfry for 15 minutes, turning souvlaki halfway, until browned.
- Serve souvlaki with warm pita bread, tzatziki, tabouli and lemon wedges.
- Take care when opening the door as the oven is hot.
- Take care when turning the souvlaki as the oven is hot. Best to leave the airfryer basket in position to prevents the marinade dripping onto the oven door.