- prep25 mins
- cook20 mins
- 1 kg chat potatoes
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 head of garlic, cut in half
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp mustard seeds (mixed)
- 1 tbs curry powder
- ¼ cup curry leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbs + ½ cup yoghurt
1. Place potatoes, 1 tbs salt and the garlic in cold water.
2. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins.
3. Drain and once cool, split each potato slightly by crushing them with the palm of your hand, the back of a spoon or fork.
4. Preheat oven to 220°C AirFry (tray on 3rd oven rack)
5. Over low heat (or in a microwave) melt the coconut oil with mustard seeds, curry powder and salt.
6. In a large bowl toss the potatoes with the coconut oil and the curry leaves.
7. Arrange evenly on the AirFry tray and cook for 20 mins
8. Serve with minted yoghurt and coriander
1. In a small food processor, blend the mint leaves, vinegar, sugar, salt and 1tbs of yoghurt until finely minced.
2. Combine with remaining yoghurt by hand in a small bowl.
Lemon parmesan potatoes: Toss potatoes in ⅓ cup rice bran oil, juice of 1 lemon, 2 tbs dried oregano and ½ cup parmesan before AirFrying. Serve with aioli
Salt & Vinegar potatoes: Toss potatoes in ⅓ cup rice bran oil, ¼ cup malt vinegar, 2 tbs salt. Allow vinegar to soak in before AirFrying. Serve with extra salt
Mexican chilli potatoes: Toss potatoes in ⅓ cup rice bran oil, 1 pack of nacho seasoning, 1 tbs chilli flakes, 2 tbs salt. Serve with sour cream and guacamole