- 400 grams beef mince
- 1 egg
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1 piece bacon
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 shallots
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 small carrot
- 1 zucchini
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- 125 grams butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp. iced water
- 1 tbsp. extra milk
Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C. Line a biscuit tray with baking paper.
- Place butter and flour into a bowl. Rub the mixture in between your index finger and thumb until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the salt and half the iced water, mix to combine. Add a little bit of water at a time until the pastry forms a ball.
- Knead the dough on the bench a few times, until it looks smooth. Roll to 1cm flat, wrap in plastic and place into the fridge.
- Using the finest side of the grater, grate the carrot. Grate the zucchini into a strainer, then push out all of the excess liquid. Dry on paper towel.
- Place zucchini and carrot into a bowl.
- Whisk the egg.
- Finely dice the shallots, parsley and bacon.
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Remove pastry from the fridge. Lightly flour a rolling pin, pastry roll to ½cm thick with a rolling pin. Trim the edges to be a rectangle. Cut rectangle into 6x6cm square.
- Divide filling evenly onto each piece of pastry. Place filling on one edge and roll.
- Place onto baking tray, brush with milk and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.