- prep30 mins
- cook15 - 20 mins
- 6 (250g) fresh lasagna sheets
- 2 cups (300g) chopped cooked chicken
- 100g (4 tablespoons) basil pesto
- 200ml light thickened cream
- 100g grated parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg
- Roasted cherry tomatoes, to serve
Air Fryer Guy says: “When I was growing up, my Dad loved taking me to the bakery after school to get a pie. He would make me promise not to tell my mum. When we would get home, mum would always have an amazing dinner ready for us, she made a mean pesto lasagna. This recipe is a way of bringing those dishes together.”
- Cut lasagna sheets in half and place in a heatproof dish or roasting pan. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 mins to soften a little. Remove lasagna sheets to a tray. Cover with cold water to refresh. Drain and pat dry with a clean tea towel. Cut the lasagna sheets into 10cm squares.
- Combine the chicken, pesto, cream and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. If the mixture is too runny add some more chicken or cheese.
- Place 4 squares lasagna onto a board lined with a sheet baking paper. Top each with a spoonful pesto chicken mix and spread to the edges. Repeat two more times so each stack has 3 lasagna layers. Spread top each stack with another layer pesto chicken mix.
- Cut one sheet of pastry into quarters and place on a board. You should have enough chicken mixture left to put one last layer on each pastry square, make sure you leave a 1cm gap around the perimeter of the pastry.
- Place a lasagna stack into the centre of each pastry square, there should be a 1cm gap around the perimeter of the pastry. Cut the second pastry sheet into quarters. Carefully stretch the pastry and place over the lasagna. Use a fork or your fingers to seal the edges of the pocket. Beat the egg and brush the top of the pockets. Place onto greased AirFry tray.
- AirFry at 200C for 15-20 mins or until golden. Sprinkle with extra parmesan. Enjoy immediately with roasted cherry tomatoes.